Sunday, February 20, 2011

What Lies Within Us

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

I have been so focused on what I want to DO next. Do I want to get a "big girl" job? Do I want to stay where I am working part time with people I enjoy? Am I ready to start our family?

I have been allowing myself to become too defined by what I do. This weekend I have come to realize that I need to focus a little more on who I am. I have become overwhelmed with gratitude for the blessings I have in my life. I'm going to focus more on relationships. My friendships. The people who invest in my soul.

And what am I going to do? I just going to start turning some door knobs and see which doors are unlocked. I'm not entirely sure I want to get another job, but it can't hurt to keep tweaking my resume and applying to jobs. I feel God telling me to get ready and get moving, but I have no idea what I'm preparing for or moving towards.

The unknown is scary. But I think it can be exciting too. God has plans for me. He has everything all mapped out for me.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a good plan my friend! You are not what you do, I know that much. And you know what else I know? You are pretty gosh darn incredible!

    ReplyDelete